6 things to know about Financing Wind North America
On 24th and 25th April 2019, we are due to host our second annual Financing Wind North America conference in Denver, Colorado.
We're proud to host this conference in association with headline sponsor FTI Consulting; sponsors APB, Apex Clean Energy, Goldwind, KeyBanc Capital Market, Mayer Brown and Onyx InSight; and supporting organisations Luminate and Vibrant Clean Energy.
We'd love to see you there! And, to help you make the right decision to join us, here are six regular questions we've heard from current and future members about this event.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. All members are eligible for a place, and you can transfer your place to a colleague or client.
All of our corporate, platinum, gold and silver members are eligible to attend Financing Wind North America. However, if you aren't able to join us in Denver yourself, please remember that you can transfer your place to a colleague or client. As we want you to be able to make full use of the opportunity, register yourself, a colleague or client.
2. Financing Wind attendees and speakers are senior people who focus on the financial side of the sector.
Our Financing Wind conferences are attended by top professionals with a focus on the financial side of the wind sector. These include senior people from banks, institutional investors, manufacturers, utilities, technical consultancies and law firms who want to discuss the big issues in the wind industry in an exclusive environment.
And what do we mean by 'exclusive'? Well, typically we are looking to attract 200-300 people to each of our events, not the 1000s that pass through the doors of the major trade shows. This means our members can meet those they really want to in a focused setting.
3. We have announced our first group of speakers on our dedicated Financing Wind North America mini-site...
We have now announced the first group of speakers who will be with us on 25th April at Financing Wind North America. These include:
- Tom Amis – Founder, APB
- Mark Goodwin – President & CEO, Apex Clean Energy
- Ray Wood – Head of Global Power & Renewables, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- David Halligan – Co-founder, Datawatt Energy
- Miguel Prado – CEO, EDP Renewables North America
- Chris LeWand – Global Clean Energy Leader, FTI Consulting
- Vikas Anand – CEO of Onshore Wind, GE Renewable Energy
- Saad Qais – CEO, Goldwind Americas
- Mit Buchanan – MD of Energy Investments, JP Morgan
- Andrew Redinger – MD & Head of Utility & Alternative Energy, KeyBanc Capital Market
- Paul Gaynor – CEO, Longroad Energy
- David Burton – Partner, Mayer Brown
- Karen Wong – Partner, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
- Jon Fouts – MD of Global Power and Utilities, Morgan Stanley
- Beth Waters – MD of Project Finance, MUFG Americas
- Mike Crawley – CEO, Northland Power
- Ashley Crowther – Global Vice President, Onyx InSight
- Mike Garland – CEO, Pattern Energy
- João Metelo – CEO, Principle Power
- Tom Carbone – President, TriGlobal Energy
We are set to reveal more names in the coming weeks, so please keep an eye on our Financing Wind site: www.financingwind.com
4. ...and you can see details of the agenda there too.
We want to make sure that our members can benefit from an event that focuses on the very latest shifts in North American wind. We've put a draft agenda up on the Financing Wind site, and we will keep this regularly updated until we get to conference day.
However, we know we will be discussing the most important issues in the market, including the impact of the end of the production tax credit; evolution in power purchase agreements; the nascent offshore wind market in North America; and innovations in project finance.
5. If you buy a ticket for Financing Wind North America, you get our newsletters and others events too...
If you aren't yet a member of A Word About Wind, it will cost you $995 to attend Financing Wind North America as an individual. This is all detailed on the ticketing page of the our mini-site.
However, what you may not know is that for this price you'll get all of the benefits of an AWAW membership for the whole year. And you will receive 150 market intelligence briefings through the year; priority access to all our premium content report launches; access to all our other events in the US; annual research call and editorial opportunities with our research analysts.
We care about keeping members informed about developments in wind, and believe this is a great editorial and events package.
6. ...and, if you want to attend Financing Wind North America with colleagues, we offer group deals.
If you want to attend Financing Wind North America with colleagues it would make most financial sense to sign up for a gold or platinum membership package, where you get from three to five passes for each of our events in the US. Yes, they are a bit more than our silver membership, but you get a lot more for your money.
You can see membership packages on the main AWAW site.
Finally, we offer corporate memberships for companies that want to send even more people and get regular access to our analysts.
If you want the latest information on this or any other key details, please keep an eye on the site. And, if that isn't answering your questions, please feel free to contact a member of our team. We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues in Denver.